Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This Project

It is interesting to me to see how this project is evolving. It already has three parts and will probably become more! Goodness. The first part is the original project: researching the history of the ACC and looking at how that history has created the modern Canadian Anglican church in all of its various facets. The second part growing out of the first has become the bigger question of what does it mean to be an Anglican. And now the third part is tied up with my application to become a Canadian citizen and learning what it means to be a Canadian as opposed to being an American. It is interesting how the two countries have traveled much of the same path and yet have done it in such different ways and with different mindsets. For this part of the project I find that I have been reading about Canadian history and Canadian culture as well as looking again at American history with perhaps a new set of eyes. I will comment more on all of this, but I realize that I have to be careful else this project explodes into something bigger than I can handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment